“…one in four women will be physically or sexually assaulted by a partner at some point in her lifetime…” ~ as stated in President Obama’s Proclamation about Domestic Violence Month
Domestic Violence Awareness Month ends tomorrow but unfortunately this will not mean domestic violence will end. Here are five ways you can continue to support this cause:
- SheWrites.com ~ check out the blog writing prompt and write your own 300 word or less story celebrating the strength of those who have survived or remembering those who needlessly died at the hands of an abuser.
- When Domestic Violence Enters Cyberspace ~ read this powerful article written by fabulous writer, editor, publisher, teacher and courageous woman, Shawna Kenney, co-owner of Pinchback Press. Then pass it along.
- Check out All State Insurance’s Tell a Gal Pal campaign for tips on supporting those experiencing domestic violence.
- Remember that abuse is not limited to a particular age group, sexual orientation or gender. Resources and links are available on the Domestic Violence Awareness website.
- Speak up, speak out and speak against…in whatever way you can.